National e-Governance Silver Award
TNHDC was awarded the National e-Governance Award 2016-17 ( Silver Award ) at the National e-Governance Conference at Vizag on 09.01.17 and 10.01.17. we undertook interventions in 1. Admin 2. Marketing and 3. Design & Production
IT interventions in Administration
1. E- Infrastructure: installed necessary IT infra like computers, networks, WiFi across 15 Showrooms, 7 productions centres across the country and the Corporate office.
2. E-Office Administration and Management Solution: comprising of (i) an integrated ERP implemented across all 7 production centers and 15 sales-cum-showrooms across the country, connecting all 128 employees from CMD to Peon; (ii) 100% paper-less file-management and decision support system; an "anytime, anywhere organisation": decisions that used to take 25 -30 days now taken in a matter of minutes. (iii) centralized HR & payroll management system
3. E-Portal: Multi-purpose dedicated web-portal: www.tnhdcltd.com
4. E-Repository of Artisans and their skills: a comprehensive and dynamically updated web based repository of all artisans in the State of Tamil Nadu, with dedicated web-pages to each of the artisans and special features to promote marginalized groups of artisans. Funding to the tune of Rs.1.00 crore for this project was obtained from the State Innovation Fund. We expect about 1.5 lakh web pages to be created, making it one of the biggest Market places of artisans in the world. Each artisan gets one web page and data has been captured in a standardized format. The site is live now.
5. E-Review using iPads: iPads have been given to all Officers of the Corporation for supervision and e-Review through Face time. An audio review system has also been installed. Now our review costs about ₹2000/ review compared to about ₹1.00 lakh /review earlier.
6. E-Accounting: using Integrated tally-based double-entry accounting;
7. E-Attendance: through bio-metric staff attendance.
8. E-Monitoring: Centralized CCTV remote surveillance and monitoring at Corporate Office of all 12 showrooms and 7 production centers across the country at the Corporate Office using about 100+ IP cameras, leading zero pilferage in the last one year.
IT interventions in marketing
1. E-Commerce: direct online selling Poompuhar products through www.poompuhar.org, our smartphone poompuhar App and supported by free-home delivery through dedicated bikes/vans.
2. E-Commerce: online selling of Poompuhar products through e-Commerce giants like Snapdeal, Flipkart, Shopclues, Crafts villa and India Mart
3. E-Promotion: foray into a massive Social Media & Online Digital Marketing campaign using about 10 social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Quora, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube etc and engaging an exclusive agency for this promotion.
4. E-Inventory: bar-coding of all handicrafts products at all 15 showrooms.
5. E-Billing: Centralized computerized billing including use of credit card/debit card machines at all 15 showrooms
7. E-Promotion: jingles on the FM Radio at prime-time to enhance prospective customer base and brand recall.
8. E-mails: from CMD to about 3000 potential High Net worth Individuals
9. iPads: to all 21 marketing personnel to woo potential customers, make corporate presentations,and also for Face time review with Corporate Office
10. We are now working on creating Immersive Virtual Reality Poompuhar Showrooms.
IT interventions in Design & Production
1. E-Production: Government of Tamil Nadu has sanctioned Rs.1.68 crores from the State Innovation Fund for the creation of a Design Research and Development Centre (DRDC) for introducing non-traditional designs using 3D designing and 3D printing of designed plastic molds, which can be used for production of bronze icons. This also enables anywhere anytime custom production of handicrafts though 3D designing and printing of handicrafts molds. The #D designing software and 3D printer have been procured and currently training, designing and printing are on. We are taking a loan of ₹2.50 crores from NABARD for a complete makeover of TNHDC.
2. E-Designing: we have embellished the interiors of the International Terminals T3 & T4 of Chennai airport with 107 compositions worth ₹7.50crores. We are expecting shortly an order to the tune of ₹2.50 crores for the domestic terminal. We have also designed for Tirupathi, Trichy, Madurai and Coimbatore airports to the tune of ₹4.50crores. We are currently embellish the Secretariat, Ripon building and Ennore Port Trust to the tune of ₹2.00 crores.
3. E-Work Order Management: The e-Repository of Artisans and their skills will enable remote assignment of work order to various artisans (direct engagement of artisans), and geo-tagged bar-code based tracking of finished/ semi-finished products
4. production module is getting ready as part of our ERP
I have mentioned only the IT related interventions here. We have made huge interventions in training, production infrastructure etc also.
For more National e-Governance Silver Award